Re: [xsl] passing in a variable to the DOCUMENT()

Subject: Re: [xsl] passing in a variable to the DOCUMENT()
From: "cutlass" <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:33:31 -0000
From: "Todd Binder" <todd_binder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> I am trying to passing a variable into DOCUMENT() within XSL, and having
no
> success.
>
> <xsl:variable name="xmlfile" select="gfile">

hmm , remember to put backslash here ie

<xsl:variable name="xmlfile" select="gfile"/>

> <xsl:variable name="datafile" select="document($xmlfile)"/>

ok every looks fine and yes u can do this.

if your prob wasnt the prev end tag then

a) explicitly place a known file within document i.e.

<xsl:variable name="datafile" select="document('c:\test.xml')"/>

u may need to put a file:// or http:// ( for remote ) to access docs, this
behavior is determined by the XSLT processor you are using.

and to be correct, u are not 'passing' a variable *into* the document, u are
simply placing the name and path of the document into a variable, and using
that variable as a token for this ( i hope that u dont think that this is
some method of inject param into the doc.... nahhh i hope not, hehe )

good luck, jim fuller