[xsl] encoding problem

Subject: [xsl] encoding problem
From: sushilvegad@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:48:01 -0800 (PST)
Dear All,
I use IE5.5. In my XSL, I am using namesapce
xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl' and I am
applying this XSL to XML to generate a input type
HTML.
If I enter Japanese characters in this HTML, then on
submit, I get garbled characters in my servlet even
after encoding. I would like to know how to specify
the character encoding in XSL.

If I enter Japanese characters in a .html file(with
charset specified in META tag)  when viewed in IE5.5,
and then submit, my servlet reads Japanese characters
after encoding, but not when HTML is generated by
applying XSL to XML.

I have read that for namespace
encoding can be specified in xsl:output. Is there any
way I can specify encoding for the namespace I am
using('http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl)?

Thanking you in advance,
Sushil.