RE: [xsl] attribute question

Subject: RE: [xsl] attribute question
From: Kevin.Gutch@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:27:27 -0500
Do you mean like this?

<xsl:template match="@color>
   <xsl:attribute name="color">

      <!--Insert some value -->
     <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>

The example I was working from is here:
and is as follows:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl
  <!-- Import the identity transformation. -->
  <xsl:import href="Identity.xsl"/>
   | This will match any element's "date" attribute
   | Make the pattern more specific if this is not appropriate
  <xsl:template match="@date">
     <!-- This will construct a "date" attribute having value of its
content -->
     <xsl:attribute name="date">
       <!-- Change what's in here to construct the "new" date format -->
       <xsl:value-of select="concat('new',.)"/>

                    "Michael Kay"
                    <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx       To:     <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    >                                 cc:
                    Sent by:                          Subject:     RE: [xsl] attribute  question
                    01/17/2002 04:33 AM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

> I am currently using Xalan\Xerces. I am trying to match an
> attribute. See
> below:
> <rendition>
> </rendition>
> I am having difficulty matching the attribute. See below:
> <xsl:template match="@color>
>    <xsl:attribute name="color">
>       <!--Insert some value -->
>     </xsl:attribute>
> </xsl:template>
Are you doing an apply-templates that will select the attribute for
matching, e.g.

<xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>

Mike Kay