[xsl] Error code 6

Subject: [xsl] Error code 6
From: Paul Cantalupo <lupey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:47:34 -0500
Greetings...This is my first post so I apologize for any simple errors
that I am making.

I just installed Xalan 1.3_win32. I am having a problem with running the
samples. I have placed Xalan and Xerces in my Path.

Here is the output below when I try to run the SimpleTransform sample
with and without writing a file

<snip>
C:\My Documents\Lupey\Resume\xml-xalan\c\samples\SimpleTransform>Xalan
-o foo.out foo.xml foo.xsl
Error writing file: foo.out.  The error code was 6.

C:\My Documents\Lupey\Resume\xml-xalan\c\samples\SimpleTransform>Xalan
foo.xml foo.xsl
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<out>Hello</out>
C:\My Documents\Lupey\Resume\xml-xalan\c\samples\SimpleTransform>
<snip>

As you can see, when I try to write out the file foo.out, I get the
error: "error code was 6". But when I don't try to write the file, I get
the proper output. Well, actually, I get the proper Hello output, but I
shouldn't be getting the <?xml> line.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help and time,

Paul Cantalupo