Re: [xsl] Muenchian method, and keys 'n stuff

Subject: Re: [xsl] Muenchian method, and keys 'n stuff
From: "Steve Muench" <Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:44:20 +0100
| You are good Jeni.
|
| Many many thanks.
| I was so focussed on getting Steve's magic to work,
| I failed to step back and think of another approach.

...and remember that the new XSLT 2.0 Grouping functionality
   will be the beginning of the end of useful life of the Muenchian
   Method, since it handles virtually any kind of grouping you
   might want to accomplish with a much simpler syntax.

   I'd encourage folks to download Saxon 7.0, and try out
   the XSLT 2.0 grouping functionality in parallel to the XSLT 1.0-based
   solution you might need to get working today to better give the
   Working Group feedback on whether they've hit the usability
   nail on the head or whether some minor tweaks are needed.