Re: [xsl] appendig to multiple output files

Subject: Re: [xsl] appendig to multiple output files
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:25:31 GMT
> But how do I append data to the "other" document in my various templates
> without overwriting the output file?

you don't (although I think some systems do have extensions for
appending) but you should think of writing to a file the same as
constructing an element. It isn't teh XSLT way to be adding things as
you go along. A single template should produce the document node
corresponding to your document and then apply templates within that to
generate whatever is needed.

David
beware of relying too much on the xslt 1.1 draft though it will not
progress past working draft stage as it was pulled in favour of working
on xslt 2.