RE: [xsl] xsl:document, fo output

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:document, fo output
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:25:05 +0100
>> I guess the question is as always what one wants to do, if
>> the structure was
>> really as simple as that then I think any improvement
>> wouldn't result in any
>> great benefit.

>3 files involved.
>the pages.xsl, 100 lines
>the ps.xsl (attribute sets) 90 lines.
>the 'worker' stylesheet, 500 lines.
>To repeat it all would be 'rather large'. even with includes.

well it's hard to say about making it neater, I think the structure of fo
doesn't much provide for anything like low overhead or things that are
probably of import in many situations, that said, one thing I do with fo is
to have an xml-based css syntax that I call with the document() function to
build attributes. In this way I can get sort of the same thing as you get
with css + html, when I batch.  Also it allows me to push formatting work
off on the designers at my work who know css and xml well enough to use the
format.