RE: [xsl] Getting All Keys In A Key Table

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting All Keys In A Key Table
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:04:35 -0000
> I remember asking for this years ago, and someone clever (JC,
> perhaps? or MK?)
> explaining why it wasn't possible because you couldn't be sure
> when the key table was complete. I'm with you, cos I am naive, and
> cannot understand why we have such a useful data structure without
> a way of dumping it.

I can think of a good reason for not providing it in XSLT 1.0, because it's
not clear what the function would return. In XSLT 2.0 returning a sequence
containing the key values seems eminently reasonable, the only questions
that occur to me are about what order they should be in and whether
duplicates should be eliminated.

P.S. Welcome back, Sebastian!

Mike Kay