Re: [xsl] Preserving XHTML markup

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preserving XHTML markup
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:42:19 GMT
quoting XML markup with CDATA is almost always a bad idea as it loses
all the structure. Similarly disable-output-encoding is almost always a
bad thing to suggest (see any of thousands of postings to this list on
that subject)

The markup was removed as the original poster used value-of which is
specified as producing teh string value, changing that to copy-of will
give a copy of the tree structure as required.

David

   -- Adam Sherman [Mon, 04 Feb 2002 12:37:53 -0500]:
   >(Newbie Alert!)
   >
   >xml:
   ><mycustomtag>
   >    Some html <b>here</b>.
   ></mycustomtag>
   >

   >How do I preserve things so I end up with:

   >    Some html <b>here</b>.
   >
   >My XSLT stylesheet loses all the markup in the children of
   >selected/processed nodes...

   your problem is your XML itself.  it should be:

   <mycustomtag>
	   <![CDATA[Some html <b>here</b>.]]>
   </mycustomtag>

   then your XSL should be:
   <xsl:value-of select="mycustomtag" disable-output-escaping="true"/>

   ---
   Eric Vitiello
   Perceive Designs
   <www.perceive.net>