Re: [xsl] querystring parameters (II)

Subject: Re: [xsl] querystring parameters (II)
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:21:24 +0100
Aniceto Lopez <aniceto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bryan, you are right: xslt isn't a way to process http querystrings,
> but why not if we are working for the web most fo the cases?
>
> the reason? info going straight ahead where I need it
> not the longest way "querystring to asp generating xml
> containing the info to use in xslt"

While XSLT may be part of server side processing, it is not the
whole server side processing. You need some framework which
does some things for you, invoking the XSLT processor with
proper parameters among them. If you think it's too much work
to customize an ASP environment to do this for you, look into
other frameworks. Usually Cocoon is recommended at this point,
after you have installed it properly, you can work with XML/XSLT
only and have all HTML parameters automagically passed as
parameters into your processor...

J.Pietschmann