RE: [xsl] problem with flat xml file

Subject: RE: [xsl] problem with flat xml file
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:36:05 +0100

>http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/flatfile.html

>May give you some clues Bryan.

thanks those are some great examples, wish I'd looked at all these yesterday
morning! I finally solved it but the solution was very ugly, of course the
problem was ugly, most of the file could be easily structured in sort of the
way example number 2 was, but there were these five tags,
CKF, CKF_overskrift, Gruppe, Delmaal, and Trin(ugly names also).
CKF ... /CKF
.....other flat structure tags...
Trin.../Trin
CKF_overskrift .... /CKF_overskrift
Gruppe../Gruppe
Delmaal ../Delmaal
Gruppe../Gruppe
Delmaal../Delmaal

CKF had a text() which was the same as some CKF_overskrift text() with a one
to many relationship.
CKF_overskrift had a one to many relationship with Gruppe and Delmaal, For
each Gruppe there was an answering Delmaal, and once one had the rest of it
structured, each CKF/CKF_overskrift had a Trin it related to.

the result tree had to look like this:
other hierarchical structure up here.
CKF
 ...other hierarchical structure in here, easy to get.
 --TRIN
   --Gruppe
    --Delmaal../Delmaal
   /Gruppe
  --Gruppe
   --Delmaal../Delmaal
   /Gruppe
 /Trin
 --Trin

 /CKF
CKF...
.../CKF

I did it, but I had to use saxon:next-in-chain, probably my conceptual
limits, the thing I kept running up against was that it was like several
different types of flat structures in one file, I had to seperate these out,
and then order them. Actually I think I might go through that faq and see if
I can build it simpler, it was bugging me all night thinking out new
algorithms, when I did sleep I had nightmares involving xslt and Rutger
Hauer as a vengeful psycho(he's good at that.).