Re: [xsl] Grouping conditions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping conditions
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:34:29 +0000
Hi Ragulf,

> With XSLT 2.0 you can write
> <xsl:when test="@type = ('101', '102', '103')">
>
> I don't think that I have an xslt/xpath 2.0 parser. I use msxml 3.0
> - does version 4.0 contain version 2.0.

Sorry for the confusion. XSLT 2.0 is just a Working Draft (the first
version of the Working Draft, what's more) at the moment. The only
processor that implements (some of) it is Saxon 7.0. I bring up
XPath/XSLT 2.0 solutions because I think that trying to use them to
answer questions is a good test of whether they fulfil people's
requirements.

> Will the version be backwards compatible. I have read some of the
> discussions regarding 2.0 and there seem to be some functionality
> that will be totally changed..?

As it stands, there are some things that are not completely backwards
compatible. There are lists at the ends of the Working Drafts - see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#incompatibilities.

Cheers,

Jeni

---