RE: [xsl] regarding javascript loops

Subject: RE: [xsl] regarding javascript loops
From: Astor Rivera <arivera@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:42:49 -0800
You will have to use <![CDATA[<]]>...

I've used this various times to allow my js to work properly.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
function filldates()
{
var optionCounter;
for (optionCounter = 0; optionCounter <![CDATA[<]]> months.length;
optionCounter++)
{
   document.write("Option text is " + months.options[optionCounter].text)
   document.write(" and its value is ");
   document.write(months.options[optionCounter].value);
   document.write("")
}
}
</script>

Astor

i have a  drop down in the html part of the xsl file and i need to run a
javascript function, which looks like
<script>
function filldates()
{
var optionCounter;
for (optionCounter = 0; optionCounter <![CDATA[<]]> months.length;
optionCounter++)
{
   document.write("Option text is " + months.options[optionCounter].text)
   document.write(" and its value is ");
   document.write(months.options[optionCounter].value);
   document.write("")
}
}

</script>

but my xsl compiler throws an error saying whitespace not allowed referring
to the " < " symbol that comes in the loop. i dont know how to resolve this
problem .. It apparently seems to be a common problem but i am not able to
solve this as i am fairly new to XSL..

please someone help me with this..
best regards,
Vasu