Re: [xsl] PDF security

Subject: Re: [xsl] PDF security
From: Peter Davis <pdavis152@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:09:47 -0800
I'm not sure if PDF has built in encryption, and if so, you should use that.
If not, you have two options:

If the file exists only on your hard drive, then you should use your
operating system's security to disable accesss to the file.  Windows 9x users
right-click on the file, go to properties, and choose "read only", other
Windows users modify the access control lists.

You can use a third-party encryption, such as PGP, to encrypt the file and
make it so only users that have the correct key can see it.

I'm not sure how either of these solutions could be used directly within XSL,
it seems like they have to be done as an extra step.  Someone please correct
me if PDF does indeed have built-in access control.

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 03:21, assshole@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hy to everyone <
> I am using tomcat 4.0.0 , and I`m generating a .pdf file from an .xml file
> but I need to make it secure how can  I disable an output PDF to be
> re/writed by an user ?
> Thanks
> Lorenzo

Peter Davis
Laughter is the closest distance between two people.
		-- Victor Borge