Re: [xsl] regd. Validating XML document

Subject: Re: [xsl] regd. Validating XML document
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:45:35 -0500
[suresh]

> I have changed a HTML file to a WELL-FORMED XML
> document.I want to validate it.I'm a novice in this
> field.What should i do inorder to validate it?
> If u can give me some kind of examples,it'll be of
> great help to me.

1) Get a stand-alone validating parser, like rxp, and run it against the xm
file.  Xerces can be run in a standalone mode.  I think there is a wrapper
available for the Microsoft processor to do this, too, but I don't have a
reference.

2) Use an xml or xslt editing program, like XCooktop, Architag, XML Spy,
etc., and run its validation process.  Several of these programs are free,
though they mostly run on Windows.

3) Write a program that controls a validating xml parser, such as msxml3,
msxml4, or xerces.  You can find reference material to tell you how, so it
might not be too painful.

4) Use an on-line validation service.  Here is a link to a list of them:

http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/check-xml.html

Personally, I would use rxp.  It's free, good, and runs on just about any
platform.  Use the -sV options for validating without excess output.

Cheers,

Tom P