[xsl] How to define a global parameter and change its value

Subject: [xsl] How to define a global parameter and change its value
From: "Chi Lin" <chi_lin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:54:04 -0700
I would like to use a value from one of my template to pass to a
different template.

I tried to declare a global parameter and assign the value in the
template, so I can use it in a different template.
I can assign the value for the parameter in the template, but the
following template can not pick the changed value.  It still contains
the original value that I have initialized.  It seems to me that the
"global parameter" does not really work, the local one is always
"shadow" the global one.

Is there anyway that I can change the global parameter's value after it
has been declared, and used in different templates?

Thanks for the help

Chi@transcanada