[xsl] Variables in HTML tags

Subject: [xsl] Variables in HTML tags
From: noam@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:16:05 -0700
Hello,

I am writing an XSL that transforms an XML into an HTML table. The back
color of the cells needs to be based on an attribute of an element. I wrote
something like this:

<xsl:template match="*">
      <xsl:variable name="CellColor">
        <xsl:choose>
          <xsl:when test="@VersionName">
            <xsl:text>"#FFFF99"</xsl:text>
          </xsl:when>
          <xsl:otherwise>
            <xsl:text>"#CCCC99"</xsl:text>
          </xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>
      </xsl:variable>

... and so on.

The problem is in the last line. The CellColor variable is not replaced by
the value of the variable. Rather, I just get the string "$GetColor".

How do I do this? I tried a bunch of different ideas, but with no success.

Thanks for your help,

Noam