Re: [xsl] Lookup (?)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Lookup (?)
From: "Carsten Klein" <carstenklein@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:36:12 +0100
Thank Kay for the information, but

> obliged to provide it, since it can greatly increase the difficulty (and
                                                    ^^^^^^

huh? The parser needs to evaluate the string value of the select statement
anyhow
therefore, the xf:evaluate() wouldn't be that much of overhead to the
compiler, I presume.
The current variables in scope and their values are known to the compiler at
the time it
stumbles accross the evaluate() statement, what's the problem?

Hm, by now I decided to re-write my code to do this in javascript, selecting
and deselecting
parent and child nodes, therefore there is no need to do it xsl anymore.

bye

Carsten Klein