Re: [xsl] Q on incremental processing and count()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Q on incremental processing and count()
From: Enke Michael <Michael.Enke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:09:39 +0100
Markus Spath wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Enke Michael wrote:
>

> > Once more: What I mean with incremental processing:
> > Incremental processing is if the data coming out of the xslt processor
> > as soon as the rows are processed (and there is no reference to later data).
> >
> > Incremental processing broken: The data comes out of the xslt processor
> > after reading the whole xml. This is my point.
>
> I didn't follow this thread, but what you probably want is specific control of
> when another chunk of data is send to the browser and this you have to solve
> somehow programmatically. You might try to hook up a SAXResult when doing your
> transformation, then you could watch out for specific events and send tables of
> xx rows one at a time, for example.

Do you mean I can put some lines of code into my xsl-file to tell the transformer
to emit a SAXResult?
Normally the XSLT machine should emit the transformed code as soon as possible.
But I encountered that this is broken (at least for Xalan-J) if I count
nodes with count("node") for nodes which where earlier in the stream.

Michael