[xsl] Structuring Re-useable XSLT Code for HTML

Subject: [xsl] Structuring Re-useable XSLT Code for HTML
From: "gary cor" <stuff4gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:51:15
Dear All,

Any advise of pointers regarding structuring reusable XSLT code would be very much appreciated...

I am building a large amount of complicated HTML pages using XSLT. I have separated out the commonly used variables in HTML pages into their own XSL file that mostly relates to my XML and is imported by all pages. Also, I have a global file that containes various templates that I can pass parameters into to draw commonly used tables, boxes and other page elements that repeat without much variation more easily across most pages with maximum use. The problem I am having with creating templates and reuse is largley due to lack of experience on my part with XML and the reason I am hoping for some advise. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to structuring master templates?..

I had thought it might be a nice idea to structure some master tables in XSLT that would take the same parameters as the Simple Page Master in XSL FO and then draw the same table but it HTML with some paging also. I am very curious what other people think on this or if anything is out there in open source at the moment as I think this would be useful knowledge for everyone as well as something I would like to work at improving.

Kind Regards

G.