Re: [xsl] HTML tag inside <xsl:when></xsl:when> tag

Subject: Re: [xsl] HTML tag inside <xsl:when></xsl:when> tag
From: Matts Isuls <matts.isuls@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:31:25 +0200
I'm quite new att this and did not get that:

"What you have to keep in mind is that you are writing well-formed xml, even
if you will produce html at the end.  When you put a start tag within
another element, in this case xsl:when, the close tag for that element has
to be nested properly within that element as well."

And i did not explain my problem properly, but here is the solution that
produces what i expected. Put together for your posts:

  <xsl:attribute name="align">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="ss:Data/@ss:Type = 'Number'">right</xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>left</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:attribute>
  <xsl:value-of select="ss:Data"/>

Before i had it in my mind before that this (see below) was OK (wellformed
and all that). Still learning every day.

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="ss:Data/@ss:Type = 'Number'">
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>