RE: [xsl] A general question (Mozilla & xsl)

Subject: RE: [xsl] A general question (Mozilla & xsl)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:27:00 +0100 (CET)
I'd like to add my $.02, since I experienced a similar frustration.

Does the http server send .xsl as text/plain or text/xml? The default
configuration of Apache on my box (Red Hat 7.2) uses the first mime type
and Galeon/Mozilla doesn't apply the stylesheet in that case.

To test it, just telnet to port 80 and look, or use

        wget -qs http://yourdomain.foo/yourfile.xsl -O - | grep
Content-type

(-s tells wget to save the headers, so that grep cat find them).

If the output of the above is 'Content-type: text/plain' you should edit
your webserver configuration.

For Apache, just find how mime types are handeld, eg.

        grep TypesConfig /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

and edit the suitable file (in my case /etc/mime.types) to modify the line

        text/xml                        xml

        text/xml                        xml xsl

which simply tells that files with .xsl extension are xml files.

Good luck,
        Massimo