Re: [xsl] Transform into text or bmp

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transform into text or bmp
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:43:22 +0000
Hi Jean,

> I have a XSL stylesheet that transforms XML data into HTML to be
> showed in a browser. Is there a (simple and automatic !) way to
> transform the same XML into pure text with basic new lines and
> tabulated columns or even a bitmap, without having to rewrite by
> hand another XSL stylesheet ?

It sounds as though you want to keep the same formatting as you have
in the HTML file that you're generating, so it's going to be easiest
to use the HTML file as the source of the text, rather than the
original XML file.

The simplest way is to open the HTML page up in your browser, and
select File/Save As... and choose Text as the format. But there's a
list of tools that might be able to do this in a semi-automated way
at:

  http://www.w3.org/Tools/html2things.html

They don't list bitmaps there, but you might be able to go via some
other format (such as PostScript) to get to a bitmap.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison