Re: [xsl] Value-of, copy-of

Subject: Re: [xsl] Value-of, copy-of
From: Peter Davis <pdavis152@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:27:49 -0800
With the mode, things will not be copied unless you first do
<xsl:apply-templates mode="copy"/>.  Doing just a plain
<xsl:apply-templates/> will not end up using the copy template.  Also, you
cannot "override" the copying unless you also have an <xsl:template
match="notCopiedElement" mode="copy">.  So it has its uses, but really it's a
solution to a different problem.

On Thursday 28 February 2002 06:46, Mike Ferrando wrote:
> Joerg,
> Thanks. I found something very close to what you have suggested in
> Michael Kay's book under xsl:copy-of, except he has:
>
> <xsl:template match="@* | node()" mode="copy">
>   <xsl:copy>
>     <xsl:apply-tmeplates select="@*" mode="copy"/>
>     <xsl:apply-templates mode="copy"/>
>   </xsl:copy>
> </xsl:template>
>
> Is there some reason why the mode is used even though xsl:copy is
> part of the template? Like your post, very interesting and though
> provoking but over my head at the moment.
>
> Mike F.

Peter Davis
Coding is easy;  All you do is sit staring at a terminal until the drops
of blood form on your forehead.