RE: [xsl] ?Dataislands?

Subject: RE: [xsl] ?Dataislands?
From: "Rosa Cheng" <rosa.cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:48:04 +1100
>> So all I need to do is to just keep updating the XML binded to the
dataisland.  And after the user is
>> satisfied with what it has answered, then the XML binded to the dataisland
will be submitted to the
>> server.  (But then again, it also means I need to write some script that
will update the dataisland XML
>> with the new answers on the page with each tab click.)

> I take it you are aware that, if this will even work, it is a browser
specific solution and will not work with all browsers?  If you are
> comfortable with that then I'll leave it to someone else to determine if
that can be done.  If you're not, I'll suggest another approach that is not
> browser specific:

> As for you suggested solution:

> Have each page submit to the server as it is completed.  Store the results
in a temporary table (or two) in a database on the server side.  When all
> results are in, then collate all the results into the final form (again on
the server side) and at that point post the results onto whoever was
> expecting the completed questionnaire.

Thank you for reminding me that this will not work for all browsers.  But I am still keen to know whether you can do such changes to the XML on the client-side instead of running the answers through the server all the time.  Even if this means that I will lose all the answers if something went wrong on the client-side.
The main point is I'm trying to avoid as much client and server transactions as possible. :)