RE: [xsl] ?Dataislands?

Subject: RE: [xsl] ?Dataislands?
From: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:35:35 -0800
You might check out the in-browser OPML editor I built at:
http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/opml.htm

The editor was mainly an experiment to do generic XML editing
in-browser, and works on Netscape 5+ and IE 5.5+.  Basically, the trick
is to transform the XML into a bunch of DIV and SPAN that match the
attributes and elements of XML, then use W3C DOM to manipulate the
nodes.  Then, once the edits are made, you can transform back to XML --
for example, in the OPML samples I have there, you can edit, then just
hit ctrl-x to get the modified XML loaded in a convenient form for
POST-ing.  At least this is a cross-browser proof of concept of what you
want to do; I apologize I couldn't give a more complete example at this
time..

Joshua Allen
Microsoft WebData XML
425.705.7857

There's
> a way that you can simulate the effect with Javascript, but the code
you
> need to do that is huge and slow, and probably doesn't allow for
dynamic-
> ally modifying the XML. Not to mention that it entails the same old
> routine
> of coding one page for Netscape and another for IE.
>
> --
> Matt Gushee
> Englewood, Colorado, USA
> mgushee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.havenrock.com/
>

> thanx for the reply.  I'm not so worried about the browser because
this
> page I will be building will only be for internal use and it has been
made
> clear to the people using it that it will only work on MSIE 5 and up.
So