RE: [xsl] List Item Query

Subject: RE: [xsl] List Item Query
From: "Andrew Welch" <awelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:12:21 -0000
>How can i read the values &bull; or (1) of the item tag so that i
>can test which list tag should be applied?

Hi,

If possible, I would change your source xml.  XML is designed to be content
only, so when you have &bull; or (1) mixed in with the actual data, you are
not helping yourself when it comes to displaying it (hence your problem
now).  I would change the xml to something like:

<list type="unordered_list">
<item>Text1 here....</item>
<item>Text2 here....</item>
<item>Text3 here....</item>
</list>

<list type="ordered_list">
<item>Text1 here....</item>
<item>Text2 here....</item>
<item>Text3 here....</item>
</list>

Then when you do a <xsl:value-of/> you will only get the text.  The type of
bullet/list marker can be whatever you want it to be, with a hint from the
'type' attribute.

Cheers

andrew

====

Hi Guys,

Having this xml file:

<list>
<item>&bull; Text1 here....</item>
<item>&bull; Text2 here....</item>
<item>&bull; Text3 here....</item>
</list>

<list>
<item>(1) Text1 here....</item>
<item>(2) Text2 here....</item>
<item>(3) Text3 here....</item>
</list>

How can i read the values &bull; or (1) of the item tag so that i
can test which list tag should be applied?
If i read the value &bull; i can render it in html as:
<ul>
<li>Text1 here....</li>
<li>Text2 here....</li>
<li>Text3 here....</li>
</ul>
The value &bull; from the <item> tag shall be removed.

The same with the numbered list.
<ol class="">
<li>Text1 here....</li>
<li>Text2 here....</li>
<li>Text3 here....</li>
</ol>

Kindly please provide me a concrete example.

thanks,
yey :)

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.