Re: [xsl] dealing with languages

Subject: Re: [xsl] dealing with languages
From: Jiri Jirat <Jiri.Jirat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:43:14 +0100
Hello Laura,
 I suppose the Swedish encoding is ISO-8859-1, while
the Czech would probably be ISO-8859-2
(well, it can be also CP-1250 or some others ...)

I am not sure, whether one encoding is sufficient for
both Swedish, Czech, etc. characters in your case.

The only way is using references like &#382; (if you have
your input in ISO-8859-1).

Or switch to UTF-8 ..

Regards
Jirka

Laura Jenkins wrote:

Dear Members of the XSL List, I had posted a question lastweek. and there was a problem with my mail id and i could not get any mails.
I am reposting my question..

The problem goes..
I deal with an xml file which has charecters specific to many languages. like swedish, Czech etc. I have declared the xml encoding as follows

which seems to be working out well for swedish charecters but for charecters of Czech, it is not printing out the correct output.

for example, the word "ohro?ených" which is czeck language, is printed in the XSL output as ohro&#382;ených i notice that the letter ? is converted to &#382;. how can i avoid this problem??

Is there a way that i write XSL to accept any charecter set , no matter what language it is??

please suggest me a solution
Laura

<name firstName="Jirka" surname="Jirat"/>
<mail> jiratj@xxxxxxxxxxxx </mail>
<support> http://www.zvon.org </support>