[xsl] Xml parser

Subject: [xsl] Xml parser
From: "Andrew Mottershead" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:27:16 -0000
I have  friend over on the www.freelancers.net who asked this question

"I need to parse some basic XML (generated by a QuickTime movie) in PHP.
Expat is far too big & complicated - I want to pass it a string of XML
and get a nested structure back that I can pick values from. This should
be a one liner, but with Expat it's several hundred. Considering the XML
will rarely exceed 10 lines long, this is excessive. I don't need
validation, reading from files or events, but I would like to parse in a
generic way.

Does anyone have one they could share, or point me to somewhere that has
one?"

Any ideas

regards

Andrew Mottershead
Web Developer
Mindstream Web Design

email: andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tel: +44 (0)1743 718262
fax: +44 (0) 7092 115513
web: www.mindstream.co.uk

the information in any way, and notify me immediately.

---