RE: local-name() namespace xslt 2.0 question was Re: [xsl] Identity transformation (without using xsl:copy)

Subject: RE: local-name() namespace xslt 2.0 question was Re: [xsl] Identity transformation (without using xsl:copy)
From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:37:10 +0100

>>> <xsl:param name="name"
>>> select="concat(substring-before(name(),':'),local-name())"/>
>>> <xsl:element name="{$name}">

>>concat(substring-before(name(),':'),local-name())

>>will return the same value as

>>name()
>actually that one won't, it was my booboo, <xsl:param name="name"
>select="concat(substring-before(name(),':'),':',local-name())"/> will
>produce the same as name()
>this is because the original thread Re: [xsl] Identity transformation
>(without using xsl:copy) wanted to copy nodes(including namespace nodes)
>without using xsl:copy.
So why didn't I use xsl:copy? I started wondering why after I sent off this
post, so I went back to the beginning of the thread, he was having some sort
of problem when namespace nodes came up(just what wasn't clear to me) so I
figured I'd make an example showing some sort of prefix handling(even though
all it did was to concat the prefix back in and give you what you have
without doing anything with the prefix. )