RE: [xsl] disable output escaping when setting attribute value

Subject: RE: [xsl] disable output escaping when setting attribute value
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:57:52 -0000
> 	I am looking for a way to disable output escaping when
> setting attribute value.

You can't (not in standard XSLT 1.0, there is a Saxon extension that allows
it).

> I would like to somehow produce html output like this:

That's not correct HTML. The correct HTML is

> Please note, that ampersand in html output is not escaped.

It should be escaped: see the HTML specification. Many HTML authors fail to
escape the ampersand, and browsers tolerate this, but it's wrong.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx