RE: [xsl] Wrox book still the best xslt how-to book?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Wrox book still the best xslt how-to book?
From: Bruce Kyle <bruce.kyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:16:39 -0800
This is only my opinion as one who has purchased and used many of these
books.

I agree that Professional XSL is excellent as a text for learning and
relearning.  It goes from 50,000-feet and into the detail you need to
figure out what technology you want and why.  It's sorta top down approach.

I liked Jeni's book very much too. It's got things I can use in it.  And
when I have a problem that's the first place I turn.  It's nuts and bolts.

And Mike's book is equally awesome for what it does, explains how each
thing works and pulls the pieces together in a context.  It seems to be to
look from the detail up.

I also like Tidwell's OReilly's book, which seems to approach it like a
programming class.  Instead of top down, or bottom up, you can learn it
sideways just like another other programming language class.

I haven't gotten the others yet so I can't speak on them. My experience is
that most of the books are excellent efforts given different approaches.
 At least that's my two cents. Hope this helps.

bruce