Re: [xsl] More efficient way than following-sibling?

Subject: Re: [xsl] More efficient way than following-sibling?
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:26:24 -0500
Michael,

This is not all that big a deal, but what you have is much the same as:

<xsl:apply-templates select="$TheNode/following-sibling::*[1]" mode="generic"/>

and then, instead of a template called by name, a mode:

<xsl:template match="*" mode="generic">

This will work since the apply-templates will simply fail in the event that no first following sibling element exists. So you don't have to wrap the call in a conditional.

Is that something like what you were after?

But it's the following:: axis that's the real killer, not following-sibling::.

Cheers,
Wendell