[xsl] <xsl:apply-templates> or <xsl:for-each> ??

Subject: [xsl] <xsl:apply-templates> or <xsl:for-each> ??
From: "Laura Jenkins" <xsl_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:21:02 +0000
Hi,
I am really very much confused regarding when you make use of <xsl:apply-templates> and when you make use of <xsl:for-each>
since i come from a programming background, it makes more sence for me to use <xsl:for-each> as I can imagine each node that is processed in a loop .
But technically <xsl:apply-templates> seems to be doing the same job.
can some one advice me as to when exactly do we make use of <xsl:apply-templates> and when <xsl:for-each> is best used??

and are there any any advantages/disadvantages of using apply-templates or for-each

Thanks
laura