[xsl] <br/> tags, xhtml output, and netscape

Subject: [xsl] <br/> tags, xhtml output, and netscape
From: "Brook Elgie" <brook.elgie@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:31:48 -0000
Hello all,

I've got <br_/>tags (the underscore represents a space) in my xsl and am
outputing as xhtml with:

<xsl:output method="xml" doctype-system="DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" version="1.0"
encoding="ISO-8859-1" indent="no"/>

 in the header.

The html produced is great but, the break tags are outputed without the
space i.e. <br/> instead of <br_/>. Netscape (4.x) doesn't deal with this
very well, as expected. Changing the output method to "html" sorts the
problem out, but I'd prefer to have valid xhtml.

So my predictable question (and probably oft-asked, though I did have a root
though the archives) is , how can I output my break tag with a space with
method="xml"?

cheers in advance,
brook elgie