Re: [xsl] invalid xml characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] invalid xml characters
From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:46:39 -0500
[stevenson]

> How can characters like double quote ("") be automatically escaped, as my
> data is coming from the database (SQL Server 2000) and it's users who
input
> data in the database from the form in my intranet (front end)

You're using Cold Fusion, right?  Are you getting the data and creating your
own xml?  If so, you can replace them with &quot; as you create the xml.

Otherwise, you may be able to replace them in the query.  I imagine that SQL
Server has some kind of a replace function.  It can probably escape them for
XML.

Cheers,

Tom P