Re: [xsl] variable definition reuse

Subject: Re: [xsl] variable definition reuse
From: Peter Davis <pdavis152@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 02:07:55 -0800
On Friday 22 March 2002 05:15, Laura Jenkins wrote:
> David,
> I need those variables because in the same style sheet they are used many
> times and i dont want to keep doing select="exp-date"  also some of the
> variables need to be formatted and checked for a perticular value and stuff
> like that. so i need them to be variables.. So no having said that can how
> can i place them in a different file??
> laura

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
  <!ENTITY common-variables SYSTEM "file-with-common-variables.xml">
]>
<xsl:stylesheet ...>
  <xsl:template match="xxx">
    &common-variables;
    <!-- use the variables... -->
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

In file-with-common-variables.xml, you can list all of the <xsl:variable>s.
No need to have a single document element at the root.  The entity reference
will include the file exactly as is.

--
Peter Davis
Detroit is Cleveland without the glitter.