Re: [xsl] XML String as Parameter..

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML String as Parameter..
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:55:13 +0100
document() is the wrong approach for using parameters. When you want to pass
a parameter 'test' to the stylesheet you have to add a global <xsl:param
name="test"/> to it:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="....">
    <xsl:param name="test">default string</xsl:param>
</xsl:stylesheet>

If you now pass the parameter, test's value 'default string' will be
overwritten with the passed value and you can use it via <xsl:value-of
select="$test"/> anywhere in the templates.

document() is for getting whole XML documents. For example: <xsl:value-of
select="document('file.xml')"/> Or when using Cocoon 2 and the cocoon
protocol is known: document('cocoon://path/file').

Hope this helps,

Joerg