Re: [xsl] Using value-of to extract non-escaped characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using value-of to extract non-escaped characters
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:53:36 +0200
Ralph Holz wrote:
However, when I try to use <value-of select="value"> in my XSL-T, then I get the errors

"Must not contain "=" character." (in the first case)
"Must not contain # character." (in the second case)

That led me to the assumption that the <value> elements' content cannot be processed by XSL-T (or by XML Spy).

In general, XSLT processors can handle these caracters. I guess you tried to build an element node and assigned one of the suspect values to its name. Can you post the relevant XSLT snippets where the errors occur?

J.Pietschmann