[xsl] Re: Re: Using value-of to extract non-escaped characters

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Using value-of to extract non-escaped characters
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 08:51:22 -0800 (PST)
Ralph Holz <Ralph dot Holz at unique dot com> wrote:

> >In general, XSLT processors can handle these caracters.
> >I guess you tried to build an element node and assigned
> >one of the suspect values to its name. Can you post the
> >relevant XSLT snippets where the errors occur?
>
> Sure, but I'll post all the code and the XML file.  I hope that it is

> readable on your e-mail clients.
>
> I don't get a line where the error occurs, sorry.
>
> ========= xsl

[snip]

> <xsl:variable
> name="value"><xsl:value-of select="value" /></xsl:variable>

[snip]

> <xsl:attribute
> name="{$value}"><xsl:value-of select="value" /></xsl:attribute>

This is the place of the error and the error is exactly the one
predicted by Joerg -- you're trying to create an attribute with a name,
which does not obey the allowed syntax for a QName -- in your case it
contains characters like "#", "=", " ", or " ' ".

Probably you meant just:

> <xsl:attribute
> name="value"><xsl:value-of select="value" /></xsl:attribute>

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.