Re: [xsl] Using value-of to extract non-escaped characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using value-of to extract non-escaped characters
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:40:44 -0700 (MST)
Ralph Holz wrote:
> (first critical part)
>
> <parameter>
>                          <name>swRemote</name>
>                          <value>swSaveEnabled='true' swVolume='true'
> swRestart='true' swPausePlay='true' swFastForward='true'
> swContextMenu='true'</value>
>                  </parameter>
>
> (second critical part)
>
> <parameter>
>                          <name>bgColor</name>
>                          <value>#333366</value>
> </parameter>
>
> These parameters should be transformed to
>
> 1) HTML attributes of the <embed> element (first case)
> 2) HTML element <param> and its attributes (second case)

Still not enough info. How does your stylesheet know which 'parameter' element
goes with the 'embed' (or do you mean 'object'?) and which one goes with the
'param'?

Show us more of your XML and show us what HTML you are trying to achieve.

I suspect you're going to need a recursive template to parse the first 'value'
and create a separate attribute node for each pseudo-attribute in the
character data.

And on top of that you need the stylesheet to be smarter about picking the
right 'parameter' at the right time.

   - Mike