Re: [xsl] Oracle / Text

Subject: Re: [xsl] Oracle / Text
From: "Steve Muench" <Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:30:12 +0200
| Byte #: 1   Byte value: 102
| Byte #: 2   Byte value: 111
| Byte #: 3   Byte value: 111
| Byte #: 4   Byte value: 10

OK. I debugged into this.

The &#xD; in your <xsl:text>&#xD;</xsl:text>
gets normalized to &#xA; by our XMLParser on the
way *in* so the XSLT transformer sees a character
with ascii value 10 and never sees the character
with ascii value 13.

See section 2.11 of the XML 1.0 spec for the reason
I believe we do this.

  To simplify the tasks of applications, wherever an
  external parsed entity or the literal entity
  value of an internal parsed entity contains either
  the literal two-character sequence "#xD#xA" or a
  standalone literal #xD, an XML processor must pass
  to the application the single character #xA. (This
  behavior can conveniently be produced by normalizing
  all line breaks to #xA on input, before parsing.)

Our SAXParser appears not to do this, since when
I used the "-x oracle.xml.parser.v2.SAXParser" option
to SAXON, it sees the 13 value and outputs it.