RE: [xsl] Evaluating a temporary NodeSet with Xalan

Subject: RE: [xsl] Evaluating a temporary NodeSet with Xalan
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:38:27 +0100
> I've tried to run the code given underneath with a Xalan
> Processor, but
> haven't succeeded. I finally succeded by using a rather
> unknown processor
> jd.xslt. Due to performance reasons, I would prefer to run my
> code (which is
> a little more complex than the given example) on a Xalan Processor as
> jd.xslt was developped by a single person rather than a company.

Hmmm.. I don't agree with your arguments. In my experience, code developed
by one person is likely to me more reliable and faster than code developed
by a team. But you're the user, you get to choose...

> So, is there a running Xalan-implementation that works fine
> with XSLT 1.1
> specifications on the market?

No. But you can use the xalan:node-set() extension to access the
result-tree-fragment, and you can use Xalan's redirect extension to achieve
multiple output files.