[xsl]: Using saxon-fop - NullPointerException

Subject: [xsl]: Using saxon-fop - NullPointerException
From: TSchutzerWeissmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:28:21 +0100
Hello everyone,
Apologies if this is off-topic, on the off-chance someone has experience
using saxon-fop, erm, don't be stand-offish...

My stylesheet produces fo which works fine when I use command-line FOP to
turn it into PDF. I liked the sound of using Saxon to hook directly into
FOP, so I sorted out the classpaths and put this in my stylesheet:
 <xsl:output method="saxon:fop"
   fop:renderer="org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer"/>

Everything went swimmingly (except a minor error message because no logger
had been set) until the last page of my document.

      java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.render(StreamRenderer.java:205)
	at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:182)
	at
net.sf.saxon.output.ContentHandlerProxy.endElement(ContentHandlerProxy.java:
135)
	{much much more...}

Does anyone know what's wrong? I've tried it with Saxon 6.5.1 and 7, and I'm
using FOP 0.20.3.
Thanks a million.
Tom