Re: [xsl] FW: Embedding XSL in XML for IE

Subject: Re: [xsl] FW: Embedding XSL in XML for IE
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:48:25 +0100
Hi Gilles,

>> I tried to apply Jeni's solution for embedding XSL in an XML file
>> but IE6 fails to run the stylesheet. I heard that few applications
>> support this. Does anyone know if IE6 supports embedded
>> stylesheets?

IE doesn't support embedded stylesheets. What you can do is instead
embed the *data* within a *stylesheet*. For example:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

    Some data here.

<xsl:template match="xsl:stylesheet">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="data:data/*" />

IE will use this stylesheet on itself, and thus process the
information within the data:data element.

Jeni Tennison