Re: [xsl] Telling parser to ignore DTD

Subject: Re: [xsl] Telling parser to ignore DTD
From: "David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM" <david_n_bertoni@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 12:59:11 -0700
You can't tell Xerces to ignore the DTD, but you can install an
EntityResolver and simply return an empty stream.  This is standard SAX:

                      Joerg Heinicke
                      <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>            To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                           cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxx         Subject: Re: [xsl] Telling parser to ignore DTD
                      05/02/2002 12:38 PM
                      Please respond to xsl-list

Hello Manny,

we don't have a solution for this, we have the same problem. With a
doctype-system, which Xalan can't find, Xalan throws an exception. It
doesn't validate the XML against the DTD, but it MUST find it. Until now
we solved the problem with an empty DTD-file at the place, where the
file is searched. If you found a solution or anybody knows one, we would
appreciate to get to know it.