Re: [xsl] Applying stylesheets externally

Subject: Re: [xsl] Applying stylesheets externally
From: "Mattias Konradsson" <preacher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 02:42:00 +0200
> I'm a tech writer rather than a programmer (my programming "expertise" is
> limited to Javascript).  The HTML files I author are stored on our server,
> but I don't have admin privileges.  At this point, I don't have any
> software other than the browser :) though hopefully that will change in
> future.  Right now I don't know enough about XML/XSL to know what software
> to choose.  (I thought I'd better set the context for anyone who replies.)
> If anyone can recommend a simple solution, preferably JavaScript, I'd
> welcome it.
> Thanks in advance,
> Kathryn
>  XSL-List info and archive:

The best way to ensure that the client will be able to run your XSLT IMHO is
to simply autoinstall the MSXML3 parser (or above). Download the cab version
from the msdn site and make
a page containing

<object id="MSXML3"
STYLE="display: none">

and they'll get a question to install msxml3 if they don't already.
Preferable put this on a page for itself that goes to another "onload" so
users with it already installed will get redirected right away

best regards
Mattias Konradsson