Re: [xsl] disable escaping in xalan:nodeset()

Subject: Re: [xsl] disable escaping in xalan:nodeset()
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 21:28:37 +0200
Ming wrote:

This is actually a question related to the one I posted yesterday
regarding reading records from database in XSLT. But it's a different
problem so I decided to post as a different topic so people can search
easily.

I'm having trouble to make xalan:nodeset() work because the value
I passed to xalan:nodeset is escaped. So, all the tags (< and >) are
escaped to &lt; and &gt; and the xalan:nodeset cannot recognize them.

Here is what I did. In mystylesheet,

   <xsl:variable name='record' select=
"xalan:nodeset(xmldb:getXmlRecord(@name))/xml"/>

The xmldb:getXmlRecord(String key) is a java method used to get the key
from the xml file, access the mysql database, get the value from the key
and return the string.

xalan:nodeset() function is supposed to convert result tree fragments to nodeset, why do you want to use it to parse string???

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel