Re: [xsl] Empty textarea tag in stylesheet

Subject: Re: [xsl] Empty textarea tag in stylesheet
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 18:03:33 +0100
Hi Charles,

> If the issue isn't immediately clear, let me explain. When the
> parser collapses an empty textarea tag set (<textarea></textarea>
> becomes <textarea />), the browser simply puts all of the document
> beyond that point into the textarea and displays it as literal,
> rather than parsing it as HTML markup.

Have you tried:

  - setting the *output method* to 'html' (which is different from
    setting the media-type to text/html) -- set the method attribute
    of xsl:output to 'html'

  - creating a comment between the two textarea tags:

    <textarea>
      <xsl:comment>prevents the textarea collapsing</xsl:comment>
    </textarea>

Cheers,

Jeni

---