Re: [xsl] Document() and &

Subject: Re: [xsl] Document() and &
From: Josh Beach <josh.beach@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 11:59:24 +0200
Hello again,

I made a small sample piece of XSL that I have proven not to work. The system that provides the XML source is not accessible to the outside world so I don't have a proper URL that I can give you. Any URL should will work fine though except when the url has and ampersand in it...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xsl:output method="xml"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:copy-of select="document('http://www.somewhere.com/getDocument.html?docType=xml&amp;
id=12345')"/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Here is a snippet that uses a variable that unfortunately works the same.

<xsl:variable name="DocumentURL">http://www.somewhere.com/getDocument.html?docType=xml&amp;
id=12345</xsl:variable>
<xsl:copy-of select="document($DocumentURL)"/>

So I don't really believe that there is a solution to this but if anyone sees anything or has any ideas I would love to hear about it.

Thanks again for all the help!
Cheers,
Josh beach